Thursday 17 May 2007

phew, I just got back from trying to shop for pants-(or trousers,jeans) for a teenager who is a boy and who I think doesn't know what he wants actually...LOL. He has outgrown all his "winter clothes" and now that it's getting colder needs "long pants".. he wants brown ones he says... YEAH right... I mean after looking at 20 different shades of brown(from tan to chocolate) he still says NO it's not the "right" brown...!!!! LOL, oh I'm still actually laughing because he came home empty handed and I picked up a pair of boots...hahahaha! OH well, I do have a thing for boots.. and knee length ones at that! I just couldn't walk past without trying this pair on- they are grey with buckles down the sides... and the last size left was MINE!!!! YIPPEEE...hahahaha. I have 2 pairs of black, 2 brown, beige and even a dusky pink(shhhh, don't say anything..LOL) and this just completes the collection (well for now that is.....hahahahahahaha).

I am sooo glad you all liked the "fancy pants ribbons".. keep a look out for the "whole batch soon".

On a more serious note I have been working on a series of kit's for my dear friend Shelby, and I think it has been one of the MOST difficult for me to do so far, and I don't mean technically, I mean emotionally. She has 4 "Angel baby" daughters that she has wanted to scrap for her memories album (and it took her a long time to get to this point). And for those that don't know, that "term" means babies that have died at birth or soon after and that have not spent much time on this earth. She searched a lot of the "stores" for kits for this purpose but found nothing that was suitable.. yes a lot of baby kits but all for "celebration and birth". I had to do a LOT of research for this and after many a tear reading posts and forums, it just made me realize how LUCKY I am! What we take for granted EVERYDAY is a gift to be thankful for. I have just finished the kits and am just putting the "finishing touches to them". I know that these are not "commercial kits" in anyway, but that is NOT the reason why I design, I do it from my heart and because I love too and this was something I just had to do.

The freebie today is in the "colour scheme" that I have used for the kits, and I decided to make some papers for you with them, there are 7 papers (6 patterns and 1 plain), 3 "glass" roses, and 3 "realistic" rose buds that I used for some of the elements in the kits. That is why I named the freebie "Rosebud Angels".. I hope you like them, sorry link is no longer available
Thanking you again for all the wonderful comments that I recieved yesterday.. it make's me all "fuzzy and mushy" inside...LOL
Hugs to you all until tomorrow. Love Kim

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them
Thanks again....
Lots of love from Holland

Anonymous said...

Thank you this is beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh you tear me up girl..you are such a sweetie..and to do that kit for shelby was such an act of love..I'm so thankful you are my friend..love and hugs..

Anonymous said...

How sweet of you Kim. Beautiful kit - Thanks so much for sharing with us too :) Hugs
Robbi1

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Kim TY so very much!!!
I know how Shelby feels I've lost my first 2 son's the first I was 5 months and was stillborn & the second I was 5 1/2 months and he lived for half an hour, my now oldest son I was 6 months and he will be 27 was 2 lbs and dropped down to 1 lb but fooled the Dr who said he would be handicapped because the day after he was born had a brain hemhorage[He is now a Diesel Technican and is 2nd Assistant Chief as a Volunteer Firefighter my almost 24 year old son was born at 8 1/2 months and doing fine I wasn't allowed to do anything while I carried him they had finally figured I had a weak cervix after his birth I had my tubes tied and than a year later a hysterectomy because of cancer.

So for rambling on!
Give her a BIG HUG for me!!!!

Mary Sue said...

Thank you Kim. I have an angel grandson. I've been wondering how to scrap him, and this will be perfect. Thank you for your generous heart

Anonymous said...

Very pretty kit.tfs

Unknown said...

Hey Kim! After my first child, Hope Elizabeth, was stillborn in July of 2003, I became a part of a neat group of other hurting mom's...if it's appropriate, have your friend Shelby check us out at www.tinypurpose.com--maybe there is something there that will touch her heart. Thanks for sharing and hugs to Shelby!
Alaina

Anonymous said...

Kim, I love you girl....For the first time in years i got the girls pictures out and am now able to think about how to make them into the precious memories that they are....Thank you my dearest, sweetest friend!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful give for your friend. Very pretty set.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I didn't know more was coming LOL

LissaBee Creations said...

So beautiful and heartfelt. This is why I love the digi-scrapping community so much.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Kim...these are BEAUTIFUL...I love the flowers...;o)

Anonymous said...

Such Beautiful papers! Wonderful colors - so springie! Great kit! Thank you for this very nice gift!

Carol said...

To be honest Kim, I didn't know that term, but I do now. What a beautiful kit you did for your friend.

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful!love the soft colors!thanks!

Anonymous said...

I always thought the picture you use on your blog had a special look to it. You have a smile, but it was more than that. I think it is compassion that I see. I have a web site and have done a lot of memory pictures for people and that may be why I saw that in you. Comfort and compassion. The kit is absolutely beautiful. Shelby should be very happy.

Peggie said...

These are gorgeous. I'm sitting here and it is cold, but I know spring is in the air because of these beautiful backgrounds and flowers. Thank you.

ccjanet said...

Commercial or not, it is a very pretty kit.

pegg robbinn said...

Really Pretty. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful colors. Thank you so much for sharing.

mel hains said...

thanks so much kim!
awesome kit!
much love,
mel
xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your hard work and this wonderful freebie

Hugs,
MomOf3InGa

Anonymous said...

(((Kim)))
More Angel papers for my Angel kit!
Thank you! I can't wait to get started on LO for my beautiful Angel.
Belle, bornstill Feb. 1, 2004

~Hugs~
To you and all the Angel Mommy's what a gift you have given us.

~tears~

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful - thank you!

Sharon said...

This is awesome! Thank you so much :)