Phew- it POURED down last night and the temps dropped! YIPPPEEEE. and just to get the song out your head from yesterday - try this one- rain drops keep falling on my head, they keep falling- WAHAHAHAHA. Don't worry it got stuck in mine yesterday - and I did go and stand in it! Nothing more refreshing or invigorating! the rain was even warm but oh it smelt sooo good! It's one of my favourite smells- FRESH and sort of a promise of something sweeter and better to come- Hee hee, just like today- RELIEF! A few asked me about air-conditioners, Yeah we have them here in SA- but not in most homes ( businesses, shopping centres,hotels and industry etc)- but only your VERY affluent or well off family's have AC's in their homes. It is changing slowly but to be honest most of us manage the heat and a GOOD ceiling fan is all you usually need to help disperse the heat ( Um- you did see I typed USUALLY- ROTF)- it's those ODD heat waves that really get us. We also don't have central heating- a gas/oil heater is enough to warm up a room in winter if it's really chilly- but our Temperatures are usually very moderate- and according to an article I read ( don't even ask this blonde brain which one-LOL) we have the best weather in the world- So we are brought up TOUGH! hahaha- and seem to live with the heat/cold most times.
Ok Andrea went and TAGGED me-LOL. and I have to tell you 7 things you don't know about me ( gee's not much left there is there- WAHAHAHA)
1. I have weak ankles and had to wear BOYs lace up shoes with arches built in when I was young (4-6 years), I HATED them and eventually REFUSED to wear them at all-hahaha, I can still sit with my legs out straight, knees together and bend my feet over so that all 5 toes on each foot touch each other- (sole to sole). Um- yeah it freaks some people out-LOL
2. and I can still put my legs behind my head (this one Kristine and I share-WHAHAHAHA) - have to warm up a little these day's but I can still do it (great party trick when showing people you can eat your toes with ease- ROTF!!!)
3. I was our Cheerleading Captain at school from grade 10 - grade 12 ( I just had a big mouth and could sing-LOL)
4. I lived with my dad from age 6 after my parents got divorced, and my Gran and Grandfather who moved in just after.
5. Came third in a Model of the Year competition ( entered by my friends whom I helped out with their modelling school on a Saturday morning for extra money while studying)-was the *biggest* girl there-hahaha, but laughed and grinned my way around the T- which is what helped me apparently gain 3rd place- WAHAHAHA. I still have the trophy ( but hide it-hee hee)
6.Taught junior and pre-primary school ART classes for just on 7 years. LOVED it
7. I have had, PURPLE, green, BLUE, red, black, brown and blonde hair- and have LOVED them all- wahahahaha.
Well I'm supposed to tag someone else so I'm going to tag Jenni! hee hee- fess it up girl!
There that wasn't tooooo bad- LOL
Ok You also wanted to know what my new *Junk Room* is looking like-hee hee So I decided to make it a fun one- and did a LO for the It's in the numbers Challenge at DSO-
And there it is!! Now let me tell you I am NOT A GREEN person- but I LOVED this! The dark beige walls and the beige in the print and pillows just break it as well as the white background on the duvet!
We had to use 4 photo's, 4 papers and 4 elements ONLY! hee hee- I swear this is such fun! Thanks to Jennis awesome doodle frame, I made the Bground paper from the print and the doodle flower too ( recoloured a few), and used close up pics for the other three photo's required. What you think????
I'll take a FULL room shot once I have the rug I want and the few ornaments I have my eye on- but it sure looks a hell of a lot better than boxes and mess- hahaha
I made you some papers today to go with the "going Green" theme-
There are 5 JPG, 12x12 @ 300dpi papers here. I couldn't use the print I did in my LO as that is not mine- but I could make these that were similar- I love them too (hee hee- I think my colour tastes are changing) I used my Textures for these papers ( in my store)- OK- enough yakking today- and boy you did get and earful didn't you- LOL.http://www.4shared.com/file/40439796/4967f33a/kb-goinggreen.html Until tomorrow-Hugs and Loves Kim